If you or a loved one were injured after slipping, tripping, or falling, the consequences can be severe. Medical bills can pile up, and a prolonged recovery can lead to weeks or months of unplanned time away from work. Catastrophic injuries might even impact your ability to work in the future or could result in the need for medications and long-term care.
You do not have to face these challenges alone. Let a Florida slip and fall injury lawyer help you pursue compensation for your injuries, losses, and other expenses.Call Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers at 855-529-0269 today for a free consultation.
Find slip and fall accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale or if you may have a slip and fall accident case in Miami, go to our Miami slip and fall accident lawyer page. Find our Plantation slip and fall accident lawyer page if you live in Plantation, Florida.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Florida
Almost anything can cause a Florida slip and fall injury, but some examples of causes we typically see in Florida slip and fall accident cases include:
- Wet sidewalks or driveways
- Spilled substances on the ground
- Poorly maintained walkways
- Improperly cleaned floors
- Loose or damaged floorboards, stairs, railings, or ramps
Each of the above causes could likely have been avoided if the owner or caretaker had been a responsible steward of their property. A Florida slip and fall injury lawyer can help you demonstrate the property owner’s negligence, connect it to your slip and fall accident, and pursue compensation for the injuries you sustained afterward.
Florida Slip & Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Proving Liability for Slip and Fall Injuries in Florida
When you legally visit a building like a grocery store, apartment complex, or restaurant, you are considered an “invited guest” in the eyes of the law. Property owners owe a duty of care toward their guests, which means they are responsible for maintaining their property and keeping it safe.
Some examples of how property owners can neglect their duty of care include:
- Failing to clean up properly after a spill or leak
- Not posting signage warning guests of known hazards
- Improperly training staff on cleaning or maintenance requirements
Property owners who breach their duty of care can be held liable for injuries that their guests and, in some cases, even trespassers, sustain as a result.
Premises Liability in Florida
Most slip and fall injury claims are pursued under a premises liability lawsuit. To succeed with this kind of claim, we must prove all of the following to be true:
- The defendant owns or leases the property where you slipped and fell, and therefore owes you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached their duty of care toward you, such as by not cleaning up soap spilled on the floor or ignoring a loose railing on a staircase.
- The defendant’s negligence led to your slip and fall accident.
- The slip and fall accident caused your injuries, losses, and other expenses.
Investigating Your Slip and Fall Accident
Our team can help you establish the property owner’s liability by reviewing medical records, police reports, property deeds, rental contracts, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and other resources. If you have any documentation of your accident, we can use it to help build our case. Our Florida Slip & Fall Injury Lawyers can also call upon expert witnesses and forensic analysts to provide additional context. Together, we can create a strong case that supports your claim for compensation.
What damages can you recover after your slip and fall accident?
While every case is unique, some damages we are typically able to recover for our slip and fall accident clients include:
- Medical costs
- Emergency transportation
- Ongoing care costs, including prescription medications, rehabilitation, and mobility aids
- Lost wages for time spent away from work
- Diminished earning capacity, if your injury affects your ability to work in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
We cannot provide an accurate estimate of the damages you may be entitled to until our Florida slip and fall lawyers, have conducted a thorough investigation of your case. Call Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers today at 855-646-5468 to get started.
How a Florida Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Can Help You
There are many ways that a Florida slip and fall injury lawyer can help with your case. Some examples of ways our team can make things easier for you include:
- Complimentary consultation. We will conduct a no-obligation case evaluation over the phone to discuss the details of your case and settle on the next steps that might be appropriate for you.
- Determine fault.We will conduct an independent investigation to collect the evidence we need to build a strong case that supports compensation for your injuries.
- Calculate damages. We will collect earnings statements, medical records, and other resources to demonstrate the full extent of damages you could be entitled to and fight to recover them on your behalf.
- Manage communications. We can handle the flurry of back-and-forth emails and calls between you, the defendant, and the insurance companies, so you can focus on recovering your health and spending time with your loved ones.
- Negotiate your settlement. We will pursue a settlement that fairly compensates you for your injuries, losses, and other expenses. If we are unable to reach a fair agreement, we will not hesitate to take your case to court and fight for your right to compensation in front of a judge and jury.
Florida Statute of Limitations
The state of Florida gives plaintiffs just four years to file most personal injury claims. This seems like a long time, but it is important to get started right away. The sooner we begin collecting documents and interviewing witnesses, the easier it will be to gather the evidence we need to prove your case.
Call a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer in Florida Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident in Florida, we can help. Call the compassionate team at Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers today at 855-529-0269 for a free case evaluation. We will fight for your rights, and we never collect money until you do.